Sunday, January 17, 2010

Resolution update

I think I should address how I am doing with my New Year's goals. Let me see, what were they again... oh ya.

1- Meal planning: wa, wa, wa. That's the sound the Backyardigans make when they are secret agents and they get caught in a booby trap. In other words- not so good. I planned and made about 3 meals per week over the last 2 weeks. I have also fed the kids Mickey D's once already and it's only the second week of January.

2- Exercising. I was hoping to fit in a bunch of mini workouts and enjoy them. The first week I did 3 workouts, this past week I only did 2. I wanted to do more but with work and feeling sick 2 of the nights the time got away from me. I am shooting for 3 this week and planning to up my water intake. The best plan would be to wake early to exercise, shower and then pray and get all my goals going before anyone else wakes up, but that is easier said than done. And it requires going to sleep early, I have trouble with that even if I am in bed by 9. I blame the shift work ;^)

3- Then we come to praying. I have been setting aside 15 minutes a day and journaling my prayers. I am finding it enjoyable, comforting. I am trying to focus on listening too. I like what Pastor Chris said today about starting where you are. I am at 15 minutes, and it is a good place to grow from.
All in all I think I am getting there! Ok, except for the meal part. We are having salmon and salad tomorrow though, ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment