Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Decorating with Orange



We had a baby shower upstairs the middle of October, so the Living Room was covered with maps and globes and great flowers. I will write more about that later. But the downstairs Family Room is where the kids spend a lot of time, so I put a few pumpkin touches in there for them (well mostly me) to enjoy.

We had our pumpkins for a few weeks. I put them on the very deep window ledge so we could enjoy them before they were carved. Makes the lack of blinds seem useful maybe even intentional when really it is a result of procrastination:)Then I just added all my fake pumpkins from last year's stash to the mantel decor. I like the turquoise and orange together. It's fun and playful.
Here is one more little project for 'the kids'. My friend Stacy spotted the cool inspiration for this on Pinterest.
We threw our version together at the last minute. It's Cinderella and her carriage! I will probably try this again next year with more 3D embellishments if I have more time.


No comments:

Post a Comment