Thursday, October 14, 2010

Pretty pillow and a little reno update

We went to IKEA recently to buy our cabinets for the downstairs, and we also bought some upper cabinets to serve as built ins around the downstairs fireplace. It ended up being a very long trip, but we got gift cards (part of the promotion they are doing this month). And with those gift cards I bought most of the fun things I wanted from the new IKEA catalogue. And I still have money left over!

Here is a pretty little throw pillow I bought to spice up the living room for fall. You know I love to change the pillows...
Isn't it cute? I really love it and that doesn't happen with me and pattern very often!

And finally a little glimpse at the work downstairs...
My talented hubby made the fireplace surround out of one sheet of MDF and you can see the IKEA cabinets to the side. They will be raised up a few inches so the bottom piece matches the height of the baseboard. A little trim here and there and then the MDF will be painted all white and the doors will go on the cabinets.
There you go, they will look just like built ins. *I hope*

No comments:

Post a Comment