Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Candlesticks Reinvented


With the thought of shopping the house and using what you've got I painted some candlesticks that we were given as a wedding gift. A lovely gift that I used for many years, but now they were sitting in a box. Tastes do change over 10 years, I guess. I decided to repaint them and see what happened.

BEFORE

AFTER
All done up for Fall.
All it took was one coat of primer. We were already priming other stuff for the basement so it was out and I borrowed some. Then a coat of silver paint I bought at Michaels. But it was too silvery, so for the last coat I mixed black craft paint in with the silver. I liked it so much I used the left overs on the chalkboard frame, which was previously unfinished pine.

In reality I want the mirror over the fireplace to be this pewter colour so I was trying it out on these candlesticks and on the chalkboard frame, too. I like it so ... the mirror is the next victim. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment