Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Sandals

I bought myself some sandals from Sseko a company in Africa. I first saw them on my very stylish friend and co-worker Sarah Jane's blog. I went to the website to look around and read about their 'not just for profit' concept and loved it. If you go there, don't read the blog with out at least a little kleenex. The stuff they are doing is so wonderful. Direct quote from the website:
"These women will not make sandals forever. They will go on to be doctors, lawyers, politicians, writers and teachers that will bring change and unification to a country divided and ravished by a 22 year-long war."
See you are getting a little excited aren't you?
But the sandals, the sandals are awesome too. They have interchangeable straps that can be tied many different ways. I bought 3 strap colours so that equals about 3 hundred different sandals all in one:)
And I tried tying them a few different ways already!! Look at how thick and comfortable the sole is. I love shoes but they must be comfortable.
Someone else in our family had to put on her pretty sandals too. And get in on the backyard photoshoot. I can't wait for summer!!
Please excuse my very un-pedicured feet. I was very excited to post these and my white legs and unruly feet haven't seen the light of day for quite sometime. Please just check out the sandals. I promise to at least paint my nails before I wear them in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment