Saturday, February 19, 2011

Reno News - yay for "new" furniture

I heart hand me downs. Bet my mom never thought she would hear that come out of my mouth when I was growing up!!! But I am coming more and more to appreciate older furniture that is well made. Our free bed from my mom and Skipper is the first example, check that post out here to see what I mean.

But the latest basement addition is a huge oak desk...

sneak peak
My mom and dad bought it at a garage sale a few years back and striped it and oiled it. I have admired it ever since! It is lovely and expansive. Maybe a bit too expansive- it fit easily in the minivan but can't say the same for the doorway... haha.

Don't feel bad, my handy man had it off then fixed all in a half an hour!


The other side of the room still looks like this...

But they say it has to get worse before it gets better!
So here is to 'better' hopefully coming later this week.
Stay tuned for more desk pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment