Friday, September 3, 2010

Townhouse Powder Room

It seems with everything I hate while it is happening, I love to brag about how great it was once it's over. Renos are no exception. Maybe because the current reno though long and drawn out, has been relatively painless.

And since my current reno is still in the rough stages I am bringing you a flash from the past Before and After. This is the main floor powder room in all it's flower border- paintable textured wallpaper- hand stenciled glory. Yup, it was quite the work of art.
BEFORE
AFTER
Ignore the potty and step stool.
I didn't take this pic to share with the world, it just worked out that way.

This whole place was fixed up quite affordably, and the powder room was no exception. It got the same laminate floor as the rest of the main floor.

After the wallpaper was carefully removed, which took a while, it got a coat of blue paint.

The mirror came down too, it was replaced by a mirror from my Grandma B which I painted white. I couldn't part with it so the mirror is now in my baby girl's room.

The door got painted, the door knob replaced (huge difference). The new light fixture over the sink isn't pictured here.

The counters got painted and held up very well for the 3 years we lived there.

Then we hung a new towel holder and some shelves left over from our last place and there ya go.
BEFORE

AFTER

It doesn't look like much but it made a big difference at the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment