Thursday, June 17, 2010

Beading

I got some jewelry making pliers and such for my birthday from my sister (cough, last year, ahem) and a Michaels gift card from my in-laws this year.

I was inspired by a necklace knock off I saw on a site called Lemon Tree Creations. I thought I could easily make it, and that is what started this all off.

The inspiration
In the last 3 weeks I have made 4 cute little necklaces and I have a few more ideas brewing. Here is the necklace that started it all....

The real reason I decided to try making my own necklaces is because I can't seem to find anything quite my taste in the stores I can afford to shop in.

I like those long chains on other people but on me they just settle around one side of my chest (not a great look) and then get into everything when I bend over. The very dainty feminine pieces aren't really me. I don't really go for super oversized chunky things either, so that eliminates most choices out there right now.

But I decided little miss L is big enough (and girlie enough) not to rip things off my neck, and I could use a little something extra in my outfits. Even this necklace that I made is smaller and shorted and simpler than the one it is copying.

It is pretty cheap and pretty fun and just pretty so expect to see more creations soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment