Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Banana Ice Cream?


Have I mentioned my great love of pinterest? Well it's great and I love it. I see the coolest strangest things on there. This is one of them.

It is a recipe for "dairy free ice cream" made from just blended frozen bananas. So we tried it. Take slightly over ripe bananas, peel, chop and freeze. Once they are frozen then blend them up until smooth. That's pretty much it! It has the texture of soft serve. We tried it with the magic bullet but it doesn't like to blend without liquid. The hand held blender thingy worked great, but I might have overheated it....
The recipe says it doesn't really taste banana-y but it does. Good, cool, smooth, but banana-y. So we added unsweetened cocoa powder. It made choco-banana-y ice cream. Still good. I will definitely experiment with this again maybe with PB as the recipe suggests or even nutella or vanilla, who knows. Still sweet but low fat, and dairy free if that matters to you.
At least someone thought it was good!
My banana loving child (K) didn't like it. Then again he does like black coffee, rocks and cucumbers (just the outside peel). And pita bread makes him gag. I don't understand either. R and I finished off the rest after it had been in a dish in the freezer for a few hours and it was quite good too, not as soft, but still banana- choco-yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment