Thursday, April 7, 2011

Coffee Sack ottoman


Ok, I bought these coffee sacks for a dollar each from Lee Valley Tools when I was Christmas shopping in Dec 2009. Wow. I wrote about them here, and received the lovely suggestion to make them into a bulletin board from Lynn from A Little Chippy. I have thought on that for quite a while. Recently, I saw on Jones Design Company that Emily made a woven pin board out of burlap. A very similar idea.I couldn't quite come up with a great place to put a bulletin board so I kept thinking. I have seen hundreds (at least) of pillows made from burlap or grain sacks all over the internet. Thing is my coffee sacks are authentic with old un-roasted coffee beans left in them and everything. So even though I washed them twice, they still shed. A lot. Then I stumbled on this from Urban Outfitters. Very nice. It reminded me of a burlap covered ottoman that I saw in a Home Depot inspiration book a while ago. So my family room ottoman became the target.
And here is how it will look. Turns out after I cut and pinned everything that I don't really have thread for my sewing machine that hasn't seen the light of day for 2 years. Cough, imagine that.
So for now I just pinned it in place and will finally drag out the sewing machine next week when I get home. That's the plan anyway. I know it's a bit weird but I really do like the texture and rustic quality it bring to the brand new room. Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment