Monday, March 7, 2011

A Bit More Basement Reno News

slightly rearranged basement mantel

The basement is still inching along toward completion. The bench seat was finished last week by my amazing handyman. We are deciding between leaving it as is or getting a foam cushion and covering it. He wants a cushion and I think it's fine without.
It is next to what will be the kitchenette. So it will be the perfect place for the kids crafting adventures with their supplies and the board games all stored underneath. I think we may have finally decided on countertops and a sink. Still need to finish those windowsills, pick a pendant light, buy a bar fridge...

The other side of the room looks pretty much the same as it did here when we first got the rugs. I still hope to change that ottoman cover and to get some kind of blinds.
This where I decided to put my new "library throw", a present from Jo.

Doesn't it look cozy?

No comments:

Post a Comment