Monday, May 10, 2010

Spoiled Momma


I had a perfectly lovely Mother's Day. You?

This is my family with my mom.
The lady in the middle back is no relation to us.
She is my Dad's neighbour and she wanted to be in the picture.
Personally I find it hilarious.


The little ones visiting GG Nan and her sunshine hued card.

I worked the Saturday night, then came home to gifts the kids had bought with Dad at the Dollar Store. Among them a Canada flag, a candle and some magnetic clips. All very lovingly wrapped in flower paper, thanks. I also got some plants to fill up a planter that has been empty for at least a year. Then a quiet four hour nap (hey, I just worked a night shift!) and on with the day.

But the best gift I got, hands down, was freedom from organizing, planning and shopping for the 4 other mother's in our life we have to honour. Phew. It can be a big job.

Thankfully A took the kids out and let them make very creative and gigantic cards for their Grandmas and Great Grandmas. My Mom went out for dinner with my sis and b-i-l so we met up briefly at my Dad's to give her the afore mentioned gigantic gaudy card and had a brief visit (see the top pic). Then, Auntie L hosted his side of the family for Mother's Day and all we did was show up. Thanks!
Auntie L and Cousin A at the Preschool Tea

All in all pretty low key and sweet. I am going into detail about K's preschool tea over at wantedamonkey if you are interested in that kinda thing.

Lastly, this is the very thoughtful card R brought home for me from Kindergarten.
In case you can't read it, it says:
My mom loves magazines.
My mom loves tulips.
My mom loves her house.
My mom loves Wii.
But best of all my mom loves me!

It is all shockingly accurate (except for the Wii, I could take it or leave it) and very sweet. Oh, and the 2 tall people are me and R. The large one in the middle is Tiger, his favorite stuffed animal. Nice that she got recognized too.

No comments:

Post a Comment