Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pillowcase dress


I (finally) made a pillowcase dress for L. I got the idea a long time ago and took her to Value Village to get a practice pillowcase.

She was this big.
Oh so squeezable, look at that face.

This particular pillowcase had polka dot fabric in all our favourite colours, and it was cheap! Perfect.
Except I didn't get back to it for a long long time. Like a few years. Cough, procrastination, cough.
But I recently had the urge to sew and this project had everything I needed, bias tape, thread, some contrasting scraps for the ribbon at the shoulders. It took no time at all! Not perfect but easy enough that I plan to try again. In the mean time I have to convince her to wear a shirt underneath if she insists on wearing this dress in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment