Monday, April 2, 2012

Pinspiration- Bow Ties for Easter

I have a cute little dress (actually two) for my daughter for Easter, but the boys have fewer options. My hubby vetoed sweater vests, so I was trying to think of something fun they could wear besides a button up shirt and kakkis. Then I remembered I had pinned a few different tutorials for little bow ties on pinterest.

bow ties for my boys
After clearing the idea with R and K, I let them pick from a few different scraps I had in my sewing box. The tutorial was straight forward, I made both in about an hour. The hardest part was turning the long skinny strap inside out. It took forever. I still have to add the fasteners (velcro or hook and eyes) but that requires the boys actually wearing their shirts in order to measure.

tutorial from Papernstitch
Oh and I didn't use interfacing. I wanted to make them right away and I couldn't find any interfacing in my stash, so I went rogue. Just call me the Sarah Palin of sewing. And don't tell my friends who actually know how to sew!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man! I have a BIG STASH of interfacing in my drawer. I could have given you some! Let me know next time!

    ReplyDelete